Sunday 1 December 2013

Author friends I've made

I had a nice chat with an excellent Crime/Thriller novelist from "up North" last night called Debbie Bennett. She was really friendly and helpful, and if you're reading this Debbie - thank you for all of your help and advice. I think our books are very similar. Your books have plots, mine have plops. Your books have crime, mine have grime. Your books have thrill, my books have spill. The list is endless, although my patience isn't, so I'll quit it here. I'm working on her to make me into a villain in her next book. Debbie?..

Another friend I've made in this amazing field of work is Fantasy writer Anthony Lavisher. He lives very near to me and due to busy lifestyles we are still to meet in person. He's also been really helpful and friendly and probably doesn't realise how much he's driven me on at moments of "can I really do this" that do occur from time to time. I hope to meet him soon and let him by me dinner and a pint. Hi Anthony :-)



I've also made quite a few friends on Facebook, but not as myself. My personal profile is totally hidden and is saved for friends and family. I have a Facebook Page, one for the Meet The Poo's books and another one for Peter Poo... One of my characters, in fact the main character and hero of each of the Poo stories to date, is called Peter Poo. He's the shy Poo that creeps out of the Bottom Doors to check if the Toilet Swimming Pool is in sight, often peering out too far and getting squished. His parents, Mummy and Daddy Poo, allowed him to have his own Facebook account. So now there's a little Poo loose on Facebook and fame's gone straight to his head. He was quite happy with his life stories being sold at a decent price. It afforded him new shoes, the latest fashion, top of the range electronic devices and the latest games. I decided to offer his books on Amazon for 99p, and he hit the fan. Now he's decided to form the Poofragettes, fighting against Pooism. The powers that be at Facebook decided that Poo wasn't a real surname, so he chose the pseudonym of Peter Pooterson. And add him as a friend and I'm sure he'll have you on his side fighting for Pooman rights.

Don't you hate that moment when you reach out for your cup of tea to find you've already finished it, but with no recollection whatsoever of drinking any of it? 

I just did that. 

What an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment